I. NAME - NATURE OF ORGANIZATION
This body shall be known as the First Baptist Church, 815 Davie Avenue, Statesville, North Carolina.
II. PURPOSE - NATURE OF ORGANIZATION
First Baptist Church is a covenant fellowship of Christian believers in Jesus Christ, called to serve God through worship, witness, spiritual nurture and growth, and committed to living the example of Jesus Christ through ministry to one another, our community and nation, and our world.
First Baptist Church endeavors:
1. To be a worshiping fellowship, experiencing an awareness of God, recognizing His person, and responding in obedience to His leadership.
2. To engage in and promote the study of the Holy Scriptures.
3. To promote the spiritual welfare of all persons and to disseminate the Word of God to the people of all nations through evangelistic, educational and charitable missions.
4. To advance the gospel of Jesus Christ by preaching, evangelism, teaching, and the administration of the ordinances of the church.
5. To be Christ-like in our daily living by totally committing life, personality, and possessions to the Lordship of Christ.
6. To promote the biblical principles of justice and righteousness in personal, social, community and national life.
7. To carry on the work of the church in all its spiritual, benevolent, educational, philanthropic, civic and social aspects and activities.
8. To help people experience a growing knowledge of, and relationship with God, His Word, and His will for our lives.
NATURE OF ORGANIZATION
III. STATEMENT OF FAITH & DOCTRINE
IV. GOVERNANCE & RELATIONSHIPS
POLICIES & PROCEDURES
VIII. CHURCH RECORDS
IX. BYLAWS PROVISION & PLACEMENT